HangryWoman.com is one of the top 10 diabetes food websites in the world and is looking for a local, or virtual communications intern.
Being a HangryWoman intern means behind-the-scenes access to Houston’s hottest events, and the chance to learn digital marketing, SEO and social media strategies.
I’m looking for people who are:
- In love with food, health and the relationship between the two.
- Based in the Houston area.
- Passionate about social media.
- Can dedicate 8-10 hours per month.
- You’re a strong, creative writer.
- A proactive go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Bonus points if you:
- Know Photoshop, Canva, WordPress and/or MailChimp.
- Have experience in journalism, PR, marketing, graphic design, social media, photography, website design, SEO, video editing.
- Are okay with a little grunt work alongside your creativity.
Interns can expect to spend 8-10 hours a month on projects like:
- Keyword research and article development based on keywords.
- Link-building and pitching content for site inclusion.
- Writing and gathering content for Hangry Woman and other online client properties as needed.
- Scheduling social media posts
- Developing ads for Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Pulling stats for client properties.
- Assisting with photoshoots/photo editing for blog posts and social media.
- Occasional event coverage (if you’re in Houston).
- Pitching ideas to brands.
- Creating email digests.
Note – you probably won’t do this all at once, but you will get to touch a lot of different areas!
The Perks of this internship:
- Hangry Woman swag.
- Communications and marketing experience.
- Expand your network in Houston.
- Learning from a successful brand.
- VIP experiences and first-look at events, restaurants, store openings.
- Letters of recommendation, if applicable.
- Dedicated mentoring and coaching.
- Class Credit.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. Interns will be accepted during summer, spring and fall terms. This is an unpaid internship for class credit.
- Social Media Handles (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- What’s your favorite social platform and why?
- Why do you want an internship with The Hangry Woman?
- What’s your favorite food ever?
- What would you change/add to the blog if you could?
- Send links to 2-3 samples of your best work.