This fried shrimp recipe is low carb! It uses pork rinds for the breading, which ends up being versatile and adding a wonderful crunch to the shrimp.
- In a bowl, mix together your salt, garlic powder, and crushed pork rinds.
- In a separte bowl, beat your egg and add your ground pepper.
- Dip your shrimp in the egg, and then in the pork rind and spice mixture. You can do this multiple times to make sure it’s well-coated on all sides.
- Spray the tray of your air fryer with non-stick spray and add your shrimp in an even layer.
- Cook according to the specifications of your air fryer. My Gourmia Air Fryer took 20 minutes at 325 degrees. You can check yours halfway through. Measure that the internal temp reads 145 degrees.
- Eat with chilli sauce, or spritz with lemon and sriracha. Plate and enjoy.
- Pay attention to your air fryer settings. Some require you to pre-heat. My air fryer did not.
- Make sure you aren’t overcrowding the air fryer basket to ensure the shrimp cook evenly.
- The pork rinds should be crushed and fine. They should be the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- If you want a great sauce to go with these, I reccomend this sweet chilli sauce from Sugar Free Londoner. Add a little mayo and be in heaven!
- These are best enjoyed fresh to retain the crunch, but can be reheated in the oven, or air fryer.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, Cook these on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Make sure to oil the baking sheet to prevent stickng. This is an alternative, and the air fryer version of this works best.
- As always, if you have any notes or questions, drop them in a comment for me. I read and answer every single comment.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Southern Style
Keywords: Air fryer, air fried, keto shrimp, pork rinds, fried shrimp