A delicious almond flour pancake recipe that serves as a solid substitute for the real thing.
- In a bowl, put in your almond flour, baking powder and pinch of salt. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Then, add in your vanilla extract, avocado oil, heavy cream, eggs and water.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until your batter is thick.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and melt butter. Or, spray your cooking spray into you cold pan.
- Heat the pan until your oil is bubbling (not smoking) on medium heat.
- Shape your batter into pancakes and cook in your skillet for 5-7 minutes, or until the bottoms look golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until the pancake is cooked all the way through.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!
- This batter is THICK. Don’t let that scare you. If it’s thick, you’ve done it right.
- I use avocado oil in this recipe, but feel free to use any neutral oil that you like.
- You CANNOT sub coconut flour in this recipe. Coconut flour is a special beast for pancakes and will soak up too much moisture. I’m still working on a recipe for that.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pancakes, almond flour pancakes, fluffy pancakes, almond flour pancakes for breakfast.