Delicious sweet and salty combination to enhance a classic chocolate chip cookie.
- Lightly cream butter and sugar. Try not to incorporate too much air.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each until smooth.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- Add flour and chocolates, mixing just until combined. Feves are larger chocolate disks that make for great layers of chocolate in the cookies, they also tend to be made with higher quality chocolate.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for a half hour before portioning. Use a 1 oz cookie scoop or aim for balls that are about 2 Tbsp in size. Sprinkle with a little Maldon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, depending on your oven. The cookies will turn golden brown at the edges. They should still be slightly puffy in the middle, but starting to color in the middle as well.
- You can make this blood sugar friendly by subbing the chocolate for a mix of unsweetened dark chocolate and regular milk chocolate (though unsweetened dark is a little bitter), swap granulated which sugar for a sugar substitute like Sugar 2.0, or Swerve and sub the brown sugar for a sugar substitute or low GI coconut sugar, similar to this recipe.
- You could also sub regular flour for almond flour for higher fat content, lower carb content, and a much softer cookie.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salted chocolate chip cookies