The TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl is taking the internet by storm for good reason! Here’s how to make it, along with tips on making it blood sugar-friendly.
- 1 cup white rice. (I use Instant Rice to make the process faster)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces of salmon (you can bake your own salmon, or used canned salmon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 ripened avocado
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- 12 sheets of nori
- Cook your rice according to the package directions, using veggie broth rather than water for flavor in your rice.
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, place your salmon. Drizzle with olive oil and mirin. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until salmon reaches 125ºF (cooked medium). Set the salmon aside.
- Assemble all of your ingredients cooked ingredients. In a bowl, place your rice, salmon, avocado, and kimchi down. Then drizzle over your tamari, sriracha and mayo. Then add your nori.
- Mix it up, and spoon the mixture onto a piece of nori, and enjoy!
- Swap for cauliflower rice, or brown rice if you want to up your fiber slightly. If you want to use white rice, cool it completely first, and then heat it back up. Rice is one of those foods (along with pasta and potatoes) that increases resistant starch when it’s cooled and then eaten, meaning it can also reduce the rise in blood sugar after a meal and improve insulin sensitivity.
- I added more spicy kimchi to my bowl. It’s good for your gut!
- I baked my salmon for this, but you can use canned salmon just as well for a faster result. Just rinse it before using, and make sure it’s packed in water, not oil.
- I used Tamari for extra savory flavor. It’s a gluten-free swap for soy sauce and you can find a verson that’s lower in sodium. Coconut Aminos would work here, too!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 477.2mg
- Fat: 19.9g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Cholesterol: 31.9mg
Keywords: tiktok rice bowl, tiktok salmon bowl, emily mariko salmon bowl