This Brussels sprout salad with dijon mustard vinaigrette and bacon is a crunchy crowd pleaser and a yummy salad.
- Start by rinsing off your brussels sprouts and patting them completely dry.
- With a food processor, or grater, finely grate your brussels sprouts. It’s optional to add salt here. I personally don’t feel like I need it because there’s enough flavor in the dressing.
- Set aside your brussels sprouts and grab a bowl to make the dressing and toppings.
- In a pan, the oven, or air fryer, cook 4 pieces of bacon to crumble on the top of the salad. Drain them on a paper towel, and then chop them into generous pieces. Set aside.
- For the dressing, you’ll add together dijon mustard, avocado oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and onion powder. Add a little water to thin out the mixture a tablespoon at a time. The dressing should be creamy, but not runny.
- Then, combine your dressing and shaved brussels sprouts in a bowl, coating the salad mixture well.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top, and enjoy!
This recipe is yummy, but brussels sprouts have a strong scent, so be prepared for that!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 462.3 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 12.3 mg
Keywords: salad, brussels sprouts, brussels sprout salad, brussels sprout salad.