- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon (about 8 slices)
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 cups cubed)
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
For the Brussels Sprouts
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil add salt to the water.
- Rinse your brussels sprouts, and let them boil for around 6 minutes, or until tender throughout. Strain and set aside.
- Peel and cube your butternut squash and place into the boiling water.
- Pull them out of the water when they are tender, and easy to pierce. Set Aside.
For the bacon
- Cook the bacon as your normally would. I like my done in the oven on 450 degrees so it’s super crispy and not oily.
For the dressing.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, salt and pepper, dijon mustard and white wine vinegar into a bowl.
- Add brussels sprouts, butternut squash and bacon into the bowl with the mixture and toss.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 48
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 2g