Tasty and flavorful butternut squash soup. It’ll keep you warm!
- start with raw, cubed butternut squash. You can skin and cube one yourself, or you can get them in the fresh, or frozen foods section. You’ll need around 6 and a half cups for this recipe.
- In a blender, I blend butternut squash, chicken broth, garlic, and spices until it’s incorporated.
- Then, I put my soup into an enamel cast-iron pan, on medium-high heat and let it simmer. After about 30 minutes I add condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- Cook for 15 more minutes, and serve with toppings and crusty bread.
- Make this vegetarian by omitting the pancetta and using veggie broth in place of chicken broth.
- You can also roast your butternut squash if you’d like first. It brings out more of the sweetness and has a great smokey flavor. I choose to start with raw ones, mostly for ease. Roast at 425 for 20 minutes.
- Butternut squash does have a gritty quality. I personally like the added texture to my soup, but some people don’t. You can always strain the soup at the end if you’d like.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 568.5mg
- Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: butternut squash soup, soup