Easy jasmine rice with just a few ingredients.
- First, rinse 1 cup of rice in a sieve or strainer until the water runs clear.
- Then pour your washed rice into your saucepan, and top with 12 oz coconut milk, ½ cup water, and a pinch of salt.
- Make sure to break up any lumps in the coconut milk before heating.
- Then, cook the rice on high heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat down to low, and cover, while leaving a little opening on the top of the pan (so it doesn’t boil over).
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, until rice is tender and completely steamed.
- Fluff it and enjoy.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Rice
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 399mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Fiber: .4g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: Rice, coconut rice, coconut milk rice