An easy, copycat version of the Olive Garden’s famous starter salad.
- 5–6 chopped Romaine hearts
- 1/2 chopped head butter lettuce
- 13 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced in rings
- 4–5 mild pepperoncini, halved
- 10 Kalamata olives, sliced and pitted
- 1 tablespoon of Kalamata olive juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano (to your liking)
- First prep and wash all of your produce.
- Add Romaine hearts, butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, pepperoncini, kalamata olives and juice, and Italian seasoning to salad bowl. Toss the ingredients together to distribute them evenly in the salad.
- Pour dressing over the top, and toss again. serve immediately.
- My favorite Italian dressing has been Newman’s Own. It has the least sugar per serving of a store-bought brand without being a “sugar-free” label. Plus, the profits from the sale of their food goes right back to charities across the world.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 Salad
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 422.7mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 10.3mg
Keywords: Olive garden salad, olive garden, salad, salad appetizer