A one-pan style elote
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 24 ounces whole kernel corn
- One lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Tajin and salt to taste
- Begin by adding oil to a pan and turning it to high heat (I used leftover bacon grease, but my other choice would be avocado oil).
- Drain and rinse your corn and cook it in the pan on high heat until the kernels begin to Brown
- Next add in your evaporated milk, and salt.
- Then, add in Mayo and Monterey Jack cheese. Stir the mixture together until the cheese starts to melt.
- Add in chili powder and cumin
- Spritz the mixture with one lime
- Turn the burner down to low heat
- Sprinkle cilantro on top
- And top with Tajin, a little extra salt and more Chilli powder.
- Slice lime for the side
- And enjoy!
- You can store this for up to a week in the fridge
- Enjoy this with tortilla chips
- If you’d like a thicker consistency, add more cheese to the mixture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Elote, Elote Corn, Elote Dip, Mexican Street Corn Dip