Grilled zucchini is an easy, low carb, low-calorie addition to your meal. Dress it up with a few simple ingredients.
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees (or preheat your cast-iron pan).
- Wash and dry your zucchini thoroughly.
- Slice off the top of the zucchini and then slice in half longways.
- With a pastry brush, brush each with zucchini lemon juice.
- Then brush with avocado oil on all sides.
- Sprinkle on a mixture of oregano and salt on each slice.
- Place on the grill and grill for 10-15 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove from grill and enjoy.
- Optional – slice into smaller pieces.
- This can absolutely be done on the stove in a cast iron skillet. Be sure to oil your pan before cooking. I suggest cooking at a medium temperature so the zucchini doesn’t burn.
- This method is also nice with green goddess dressing.
- Eat this as a whole meal, or a side. It’s wonderful either way.
- You may use olive oil in place of avocado oil. I personally love avocado oil because it’s incredibly neutral in flavor.
- Cooking times may vary on your grill. Watch the veggies. You know they’re done when you can pierce them easily, but they have a little snap back.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: grilled zucchini