Easy bruschetta for a great antipasto appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice your loaf in half and place it on a baking sheet. Then drizzle the loaf with olive oil.
- Place the loaf into your oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until toasted to your liking.
- While the bread is baking, slice your champagne tomatoes in half, and place them in a bowl.
- Pick your basil and slice them with a chiffonade cut (stack your leaves, roll them tightly, then slice perpendicular to the roll).
- Thinly slice the garlic and add to your bowl—Reserve one of your garlic cloves for the toasted bread.
- Add olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper to the herbs and vegetables. Mix until everything is coated well in oil and seasonings.
- Check on your bread, and when it’s ready, take it out of the oven, and rub it down with your reserved garlic cloves, ensuring you get into the crevices of the bread for the extra flavor.
- Spoon your tomato mixture onto the bread and cut your bread into slices with a serrated knife.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian