Easy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes that you’ll want to make for days.
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided (I used swerve sweetener in place of sugar)
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- Melted unsalted butter for your pan
- Your ricotta may be a little watery. You can strain it, but I find it unnecessary. The water in the ricotta helps the batter come together.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy and stiff peaks form.
- Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons sugar at a time, watching your peaks.
- Whisk both flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and add it to the beaten egg whites one-half cup at a time.
- Whisk the egg yolks, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and zest in another medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk in heavy cream.
- Add the yolk mixture to combined egg whites and dry ingredients; whisk just to blend.
- Fold in ricotta and stir in any remaining lemon juice.
- Heat a griddle or large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat – adding a pat of butter.
- Using a 1/2 cup batter for each pancake scoop the batter into the pan/griddle and cook until bottom is golden brown, edges are dry, and bubbles form on top of the pancake.
- Flip pancakes and cook until browned and just cooked through.
- Transfer pancakes to plates. Serve with syrup, berries or whatever you like to top your pancakes with!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Americans
Keywords: Ricotta pancakes, lemon pancakes