Low carb beef and broccoli with low salt, low carbohydrates and lots of protein and flavor.
- One pound of ribeye steak, cubed and trimmed of fat
- 330 G or 4 cups of frozen broccoli florets
- 15 grams grated Ginger root, or one small knob of ginger
- 175 G of grated carrots or one cup
- 105 G of white onion, or one cup
- 30 g of sugar snap peas or 1/4 cup
- two cloves of garlic
- one cup of mr. spice garlic steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- Lime for brightness at the end (optional)
- Add your ribeye to is Ziploc bag and keep the end open.
- With a kitchen mallet, or a heavy pan, pound the beef until it is about half of its original thickness.
- Cube your beef, making sure to get rid of large chunks a fact.
- Pour your Mr. Spice Garlic Steak sauce over the beef, and toss until completely coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for more intense flavor, but you can also cook the dish immediately.
- Make sure your meat comes to room temp before cooking your dish, so the steak cooks completely evenly.
- Julienne your carrots, give your onions, garlic and sugar snap peas a rough chop. (I used my mini food processor for this step)
- Grate your ginger and take your broccoli out of the freezer. Set aside all of your chopped ingredients.
- Heat your pan to medium heat and add avocado oil.
- Cook the onions until translucent, then add carrots , ginger, and garlic. let those cook for about 5 minutes. Season your veggies with salt at this step.
- Add in your marinated beef, and stir. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until steak is at desired doneness. I cooked mine to medium temperature.
- Snap peas and broccoli, and cook until broccoli is completely cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice for a touch of brightness (optional, but delicious).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Make your prep easier by purchasing pre-cut veggies. it cuts down on the prep time even though it may be a little bit more expensive than buying ingredients and chopping them yourself.
- Cauliflower rice is an excellent side for this. Plain Jasmine Rice also work if you’re not so worried about your carb intake.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1/4 pan
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 133.6mg
- Fat: 16.8g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
Keywords: Low salt beef and broccoli, beef and broccoli, low carb beef and broccoli