- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin cubed into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nature Seasoning
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons Avocado Oil
- 6 Low Carb Tortillas
- 1 cup of refried beans, canned, reduced-sodium
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one lime (1/8 cup)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- Cube your beef into 1-inch pieces and then season with your seasoning of choice (I use nature’s seasons here).
- In a medium, nonstick skillet, heat avocado oil on medium-high heat. Add beef tenderloin to skillet and cook through to medium-well. Set aside cooked beef.
- Prep taquitos by spreading refried beans on the entire taquito, and sprinkling on Mexican cheese and beef. Roll them tightly, and place them seam side down.
- Add 1 inch of oil to a skillet, and heat on medium-high heat. Add the taquitos to the skill, and cook until light brown and cripsy on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to crowd the pan, and work in batches to keep the oil hot.
- Once browned, set aside on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Top the taquitos with salsa, avocado, onion and cilantro.
- If you make the full batch of 6, you can roll the remaining taquitos in saran wrap, and place them into a freezer bag in the freezer for 1 month. To reheat, pop them into the microwave for 1 minute. You can also rewarm them in a 400ºF oven for 10 minutes to get the tortilla crisp again.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- Serving Size: 2 taquitos
- Calories: 502
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 1031.7mg
- Fat: 28.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47.4g
- Fiber: 27.3g
- Protein: 35.7g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: taquitos, beef taquitos, beef tenderloin