Lip puckering, perfect low carb lemon bars.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (sub 1/2 coconut flour if you want it gluten-free, or if you don’t want to use flour. The macros below won’t apply).
- 1/2 tablespoons granulated sweetener
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- one teaspoon vanilla
- one teaspoon salt
- One cup of lemon juice (around 4 fresh lemons)
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sweetener (for me the Truvia conversion was 3 tablespoons and one teaspoon)
- Sugar-free Confectioner’s sugar to dust (I used Truvia Confectioners).
- First, start by mixing melted butter sugar vanilla and salt.
- Add your flour and almond flour mixture and combine until thoroughly mixed.
- Press out your crust into your 9×9 glass pan, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Start to work on your filling while the crust is baking.
- Combine lemon juice and xanthan gum until thoroughly mixed and there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add in your eggs one at a time and stir until each egg is incorporated completely.
- Finally, add in your granulated sugar and mix until sugar is completely incorporated.
- By the time your filling is done, your crust should also be partially baked. remove your crust from the oven and while the crust is still hot, pour your lemon bar filling over the top.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 22 minutes or until the filling mixture no longer jiggles.
- Pull from the oven and let completely cool. Refrigerate lemon bars for 2 to 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, dust with confectioners sugar, cut into squares and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon bars, low carb lemon bars, sugar-free lemon bars