Authentic Maryland style crab cakes with just a few ingredients.
- 16 ounces of jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of finely crushed crackers (I used Ritz) (sub almond flour for keto/low carb alternative)
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbs of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire and mayo.
- Fold crabmeat into the mixture.
- Add the old bay, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, parsley and crackers and fold them into the crab meat.
- Scoop the crab cakes into 1/4 cup crab cakes and place onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. This is enough for six crab generous-sized cakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the mixture can set. You can also make this the night before and cook the crab cakes the next day.
- Place in the oven and broil on low for 10 minutes and then 6 minutes on high until lightly browned.
- Spritz lemon on top and serve with remoulade.
- You will broil these. Make sure to set your oven to low broil first once you’re ready to cook.
- I didn’t measure the remoulade, but it’s a couple tablespoons of mayo, a squeeze of lemon, a dash of old bay, and a dash of hot sauce. Add things in and taste to your heart’s content.
- Check out the original recipe here!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Serving Size: 2 crab cakes
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 1285.3 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 23.5 g
- Cholesterol: 99.9 mg
Keywords: crab cakes, maryland crab cakes