Garlic bread that can be risen and baked in one day!
- Add flour, yeast, and salt to a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly to get rid of any lumps.
- Get hot water between 125 and 135 degrees F (no hotter or cooler, or your yeast won’t rise quickly).
- Add in any flavorings or spices here. I like to add garlic or a little bit of rosemary to my loaf.
- Pour the hot water into the dry ingredients and mix well until you get a shaggy looking, sticky dough. You want it to be sticky and not dry, so that you get a good, springy bread when it comes out of the oven.
- Place in a warm corner, covered with saran wrap for 3 hours, you’ll see bubbles in the top as it rises.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- After it has risen, flour your work surface, and roll the dough over, shaping it into a nice ball.
- Place it onto parchment paper, and into a dutch oven.
- Let it rise for another 30 minutes in the dutch oven.
- Cover the dutch oven, and place it into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and remove parchment paper, and place it back in the oven to get some color, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Bread