My nutty oatnog sugar cookies, which use Truvia Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener to create a soft, rich sugar cookie that tastes just like eggnog.
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup (207g) Truvia Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oatnog (can also sub store-bought egg nog or oat nog)
- 3–4 tbsp sugar (additional, for rolling)
- Cream together with my butter and Truvia Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener until it’s fully incorporated, and becomes fluffy – about 8 minutes.
- Add vanilla paste, egg, and oatnog I just made for added flavor.
- Then I’ll slowly add in my mixed in dry ingredients. These are my flour, baking soda, and all of my spices. Those will slowly incorporate until the dough forms a ball in the bowl.
- Once the dough comes together, wrap it in some plastic wrap, and let the dough chill for about 20 minutes.
- After the dough chills, form them into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls, roll them in a little more Truvia Sweet Complete Granulated Sweetener, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pop them in the oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Once they come out of the oven, I like to flatten them a bit with my spatula.
- If you want to avoid flattening them, you roll the dough out flat, and use a cookie cutter, to cut out your favorite shapes, and bake them that way.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before enjoying with your oat milk.
- If you don’t have homemade oatnog, store-bought is fine. You can also just buy plain, unsweetened oat milk, and add cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to it for a similar flavor. You can also use regular eggnog.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Holiday Treats
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 75.3mg
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 25.3g
Keywords: Oat nog cookies, sugar cookies, oat nog cookies.