A delicious peach crisp with notes of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 1 and 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 5 fresh, ripened peaches (yellow or white, doesn’t matter. My recipe uses white peaches)
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract is optional
- 1/4 cup Chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Truvia (sweet complete)
- First, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then start by thinly slicing all five of your peaches. Set half of one aside (5-6 slices).
- Add them to an 8×8 glass baking dish and season with ground ginger nutmeg and cinnamon and Truvia (I used Truvia Sweet Complete).
- In a blender, blend together roughly half of one peach (5-6 slices) 1/2 cup of water and one teaspoon of xanthan gum and vanilla. this is going to help your mixture thicken while it bakes in the oven.
- Pour the mixture over your peaches. Set the peaches aside and get to work on your crumble.
- For the crumble add finely chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds to a stand mixer bowl.
- Next add cubed cold butter, and almond flour to the stand mixer bowl and beat on low with the paddle attachment until the dough starts to form beads.
- Don’t overbeat the crumble you don’t want the butter to fully incorporate you just want the almond flour and butter and seeds mixture to loosely come together. This takes less than a minute!
- If you happen to overbeat it, it’s not a big deal. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Once the crumble is ready, Sprinkle the mixture over the top of your peaches in an even layer.
- Then, bake for ~45 minutes. Until you see bubbles and a golden brown top.
- Let the mixture cool and enjoy.
- Enjoy with low carb vanilla ice cream or whipped cream over the top.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach, peaches, peach crisp, peach crisp dessert