An easy whole chicken recipe in your pressure cooker.
- One whole fresh not frozen uncooked chicken 3 to 4 lb
- juice of 2 lemons (roughly 1/4 cup)
- quarter cup chicken stock
- quarter cup honey (+ some for brushing onto the chicken)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- one quarter cup gochujang sauce
- avocado oil
- First you start out with a 3 to 4 lb whole chicken.
- Remove any packet of giblets if it’s included in the cavity of the chicken. cut off any excess fat.
- In a bowl mixed together lemon juice chicken stock honey two tablespoons of salt whole peppercorns Thyme and garlic.
- Place a chicken onto your crisping plate and add it to your pressure cooker.
- Put your lid on to the pressure cooker and make sure the pressure release valve is in the seal position.
- select pressure and set your pressure cooker to high set your time to 22 minutes and turn your pressure cooker on.
- When the pressure cooking is done allow the pressure to Natural release for 5 minutes after 5 minutes quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the vent position then remove the lid once pressure has been released.
- Inside of the pot recipe chicken with oil and season with more salt and pepper.
- Close the crisping lid and then are crisp your chicken at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- You can keep cooking until you get the level of crispy nice you want up to an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes inside of the pot cooking is done when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove the chicken and serve.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 185.4 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 51.6 g
- Cholesterol: 165.7 mg
Keywords: Honey Gochujang Chicken