This hearty dish is insanely delicious and takes just under 3o minutes to make. You’ll love the rich sauce and flavorful sauce!
- Rigatoni (we measured out 4 servings of pasta)
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 cloves Garlic (diced)
- 1/2 white onion Onion (diced)
- Parmigiano Reggiano rind
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 24 oz of fresh tomato (blended)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Dried parsley (for that pretty garnish)
- In a heavy-bottomed pot add your diced garlic and diced onion and a little bit of oil on medium heat. let them sweat a little bit, but they don’t need a ton of color.
- Next, add in your ground beef, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cook until your meat has browned, and then add in your tomato and tomato paste.
- Stir until all of your ingredients come together.
- Add in parmesan rind and let the sauce simmer on medium-low heat for 15-30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper at this point.
- About 9-10 minutes before your sauce is finished, cook your pasta according to the package directions. You can use any pasta for this, but rigatoni was our choice.
- Place your drained pasta into your bowl, top with meat sauce, shaved parm and sprinkle with parsley.
- Macros for this recipe DO NOT include pasta. You can use any pasta for this, so calculate that separately.
- You can literally use any pasta for this, you’ll get the same great result!
- If you simmer the meat sauce longer, you’ll get a more intense flavor from the cheese rind. It’s nice umami that’s hard to describe, but it adds a nice earthy/saltiness to the sauce.
- If you want more meaty sauce, use less tomato!
Keywords: meat sauce, pasta and meat sauce, rigatoni, rigatoni and meat sauce.