A delicious breakfast of poached eggs in tomato sauce.
- Begin by heating a pan over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil to your pan.
- In a blender, blend garlic, tomato and spices together. You want to leave some texture, so don’t blend it completely smooth.
- Add your sauce to your pan and let it cook until the sauce turns a deep orange/red color and thickens a little bit, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the stove down and let the sauce simmer on low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Crack your eggs directly into the pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook for for 5 more minutes (more if you’d like a harder/well done egg).
- Turn the heat off completely.
- Season the eggs with salt, pepper and finely chopped parsley.
- You can dip some great bread into this shakshuka, or feel free to eat it by the spoonful.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: breakfast, poached eggs, shakshuka