It’s the best – a single cinnamon roll.
1/2 cup bread flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons oat milk
2 teaspoons neutral oil (I used vegetable)
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional: toasted, shredded coconut
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar substitute (like @Truvia) mixed with kefir yogurt until it reaches a paste consistency.
Optional: Cream Cheese
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk well, add in oatmilk and start to turn the dough with your hands until it forms a sand-like consistency.
Turn your bowl over, and start to knead the dough until it forms a soft puck, and looks a bit shiny. Cover the dough with clear wrap, and set aside to make the filling and the icing.
To make the filling, combine all of the ingredients until they’re a deep brown in color.
Roll out your dough into a 7”x9” rectangle. Spread the filling on the inside of the buns. Then cut the dough into strips, and roll the strips around each other to make the cinnamon roll shape.
Spray a small ramekin with cooking spray, and place the cinnamon roll in the dish.
Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes, or until a fork comes clean out of the center.
To make the icing:
Combine Confectioner’s sugar and kefir together until it reaches the desired consistency.
- You can use sugar substitutes like Truvia for the filling and icing. The carb count on this recipe reflects using actual sugar for the potential full amount of carbs.
- You can sub milk, oat milk, almond milk, etc. for Kefir in the frosting.
- You can also split this serving into two, if you’d like to lower the carb count even further. Wrap the other half tightly in saran wrap, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Pay attention and be sure you’re using instant yeast and NOT active dry yeast. Instant yeast is going to help your cinnamon roll rise immediately. Active dry yeast needs to be activated first.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Baking/Pastries
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 562
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 625.6 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.3 g
- Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 61.1 mg
Keywords: cinnamon roll, single serve cinnamon roll,