- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1 lemon – juice + Zest
- 1 1/4 cups of Truvia Sweet Complete
- One half package of store-bought dough (I used Texas Pie Company Pie Puck, which is amazing).
- If you want a low carb crust alternative, use my low carb pie crust recipe
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water for egg wash.
- Thaw your dough according to the package you purchased.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the leaves off of your strawberries, rinse and quarter them.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar, lemon juice, and half of your lemon zest.
- Throw your strawberries in and coat them in the mixture. Then, set aside.
- Sprinkle your dough with salt, and roll it out to about a 1/4 of an inch thick. (I prefer to do this on parchment paper for as little mess as possible.
- Place your macerated strawberries and pour the whole mixture out into the middle of the dough. Spread it for even coverage. Sprinkle the rest of your lemon zest on top.
- Fold the edges of your crust how ever you’d like (braided, a simple fold, etc). Whatever you do make sure these layers are equal so that the dough cooks evenly.
- Brush your dough with an egg wash, making sure to coat all areas evenly. Then sprinkle with the remaining sugar mix.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes – check to make sure your dough is cooked through, if not, let it cook for 10 more minutes and check again.
- Take out and let cool.
- Slice and enjoy with some fresh whipped cream, or low carb ice cream.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Diabetic
- Serving Size: 1 slice (with store-bought crust)
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 109mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
Keywords: Strawberry Galette, Strawberry dessert, strawberry tart