You can make fresh keto and low carb-friendly bread that actually tastes like bread in 90 seconds.
- Melt butter in your ramekin (or heat-safe bowl) in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Add egg, almond flour, baking powder and salt to the ramekin
- Stir thoroughly making sure to get all of the egg, and other ingredients completely mixed. You should have what looks like a batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds (90 seconds total).
- Use a knife to cut around the outside of the bread and remove it from the container.
- Slice and enjoy in your preferred way.
- Make sure your bowl is microwave safe for this recipe.
- I have not made this with other flours, but I imagine that doing so would mean different ratios for this particular result of fluffy bread and squishy bread.
- For the ramekin size, I’m using a Le Creuset mini cocotte which is 3 3/4″ diam., 2” high; 8-oz. cap. You may use whatever size you have. A coffee cup also works fine for this. Your bread may be taller and you’ll need to cut it in half.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 72.6mg
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g
- Fiber: .7g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 216.5mg
Keywords: 90 second bread