A delicious, lower carb alternative to your favorite chocolate covered strawberries.
2 cups (1 dozen whole strawberries) (~22g carbs)
1/2 cup Lily’s milk chocolate (2 net carbs)
2 tablespoons avocado oil (0 carbs)
- Microwave the chocolate and oil in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between heating them each time. Do this until the chocolate becomes smooth.
- Coat the berries in chocolate.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
- Sub a different oil to thin out the chocolate if you don’t have avocado oil on hand. Just choose something with a mild flavor so it doesn’t overpower your chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 strawberries
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 1.9 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate and strawberries, valentine's day