This recipe is not authentically Jamaican, but it does use some of my favorite staple spices, and it’s a flavorful recipe when you only have a few ingredients to work with.
- 1 cup of rice (White or brown rice)
- 1 ¼ cup of vegetable stock (or water for rice)
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 lb 97/3 lean ground beef
- 3–4 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 habanero pepper (or scotch bonnet), finely chopped, seeds and all
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons of green onions
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one lime
- Let your rice come to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn it down to low heat, and cover. Cook rice until fluffy and done (brown rice will be more dense).
- Add your oil to the pan and let it heat.
- Then, add garlic, lean ground beef, jerk seasoning, habanero and coconut aminos. Cook, being sure to stir thoroughly.
- Add diced bell peppers and green onions toward the end. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice to your bowl, and top with lime juice, sliced avocado and more green onion.
- I love a ton of heat, but you can always dial it back by seeding your habanero.
- Avocado is not really Jamaican, but I love it for the cooling factor and a little bit of healthy fat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- Serving Size: 1/4 yield
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Cholesterol: 67.8mg
Keywords: Jamaican Jerk Beef, Jamaican Food, Jamaican Bowl