I made Jamaican Jerk Beef Bowls when I had very little left in the fridge and desperately needed to go grocery shopping.
One thing I do love about this recipe is that you more than likely have what you need to make it.
Ingredients for Jamaican Jerk Beef Bowls
- 1 cup of rice (White or brown rice)
- 1 ¼ cup of vegetable stock (or water for rice)
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 lb 97/3 lean ground beef
- 3-4 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 habanero pepper (or scotch bonnet), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons of green onions
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one lime
Can you use Jerk seasoning on beef?
Jerk Chicken is probably the most popular way you may see jerk seasoning used, but it’s good on most proteins and veggies too.
It is pretty strong in flavor, so be prepared for it to take over your dish.
Recipe for Jamaican Jerk Beef Bowls
Add your oil to the pan and let it heat.
Then, add garlic, lean ground beef, jerk seasoning, habanero and coconut aminos. Cook, being sure to stir thoroughly.
Add diced bell peppers and green onions toward the end. Cook 4-5 minutes.
Add rice to your bowl, and top with lime juice, sliced avocado and more green onion.Print