Classic jerk marinade with extra flavor, done in the oven.
- 2 cup soy sauce
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil + extra if needed
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, roughly chopped, with seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Browning sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
1. Marinate your chicken in the wet marinade for 1 hour. Discard excess marinade and pat the chicken dry. Let the chicken come to room temperature before cooking.
3. Slather your chicken in the wet rub, and let marinade for an additional hour.
6. Heat your oven to 350ºF. Cook for 30 minutes, and then turn up your oven to 450ºF and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, until wings come to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Enjoy your wings!
- I also air-fried this batch at 400ºF for 25 minutes in batches and it turned out great, and they were wonderful. but grilling them will always yield the best, smokey flavor and crispy skin. It’s worth the time!
- A meat thermometer will always yield the best results.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Jamaican
Keywords: jamaican jerk wings, jerk wings, jamaican jerk chicken