Crispy keto chicken fingers are easy to make and a total delight!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders – fat removed. You can also use two pounds of chicken breasts, and slice them into 1-in wide slices
- 5 ounces pork rinds, plain
- 1 tablespoon old bay
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- a pinch or two of salt
- 4 egg whites
- Olive oil cooking spray.
- First, begin by trimming any fat off of your chicken and patting it dry.
- Season your chicken with garlic powder, paprika and salt (1 teaspoon each). Set aside.
- In a small food processor, grind your pork rinds until they are the consistency of panko, or thick bread crumbs.
- Season the crumbs with garlic powder, paprika, salt, old bay and onion powder. Then pulse again until the mixture is incorporated.
- Crack your eggs and separate your yolks from your whites. Store the yolks in an airtight container to use for later.
- Dip your chicken tenders in the egg whites, and then into the pork rind mixture.
- Shake of excess mixture.
- Spray with a light coating of olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. The chicken is done when an inserted thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can leave them in the air fryer a little longer if you want them extra crispy.
- Any dipping sauce will do here. Ranch is a solid option, garlic aioli is delicious, or eating them plain tastes super delicious.
- You can make these in your oven if you don’t have an air fryer.. Bake them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: Southern
- Serving Size: 2 Chicken Tenders
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 643.8g
- Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 61.5g
- Cholesterol: 159.4g