A creamy, easy soup that’ works well on Ketogenic & low carb diets.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pounds spicy ground sausage
- 4 cups of kale
- 4 cups of cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of Chicken or veggie Stock
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Basil leaves
- Turn on your oven and heat your heavy bottomed pan, or soup pot with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in your onions and garlic, brown them until they are fragrant.
- Dump in your sausage and cook it all the way through, and until it’s golden in color, about 15-20 minutes, make sure to season your sausage at this point.
- Add in the chicken stock until it covers the sausage, onions and garlic.
- Drop in your cauliflower and kale, and cover for 15 more minutes until the cauliflower and kale are fork tender.
- Then add in your heavy cream, and stir.
- Spoon into a bowl, and enjoy, piping hot. Roughly chop basil leaves and add as garnish. Add some grated parmesan if you must!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 411.8 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 12.7 mg
Keywords: Zuppa Toscano, Sausage and Kale Soup, keto sausage and kale soup