Yummy, sticky, warm sticky buns.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup honey (I used clover honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 orange zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce Bourbon
For the Buns
For the Glaze
- Melt butter on low heat in a sauce pan.
- Stir in cream, brown sugar, honey, salt, orange zest, and vanilla. Add the shot of bourbon.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the glaze mixture is shiny and golden brown. This should take 4-5 minutes.
- Pour half of the glaze into the baking pan until it coats the bottom of your baking pan. sprinkle half of your toasted pecans on the bottom, and set aside, letting it cool.
- Set aside the glaze.
For the buns
- With your stand mixer (an electric hand mixer will also work great), beat the butter, sugar, cinnamon, kosher salt until it’s light an fluffy and fully mixed.
- Grab your Master Sweet Dough, and punch it down. Move it to a floured work surface. I like to use marble because it keeps the butter in the dough much colder for longer.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 1/4in thick. spread the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans atop the mixture, and roll the dough into a log, tightening as you go.
- Cut the log into 9 equal pieces. Turn the buns cut side up and pat the tops to flatten them slightly.
- Place them into the pan with the glaze in the bottom. And brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Pastries
Keywords: sticky buns