This one pot meal has incredible flavor and depth. Plus it’s so easy to make!
- 2 pounds Laura’s Lean beef
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno – seeds in
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning (Soul Fit Grill is my go-to)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar or mexican cheese for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Juice of 1 small lime.
- Chop/prep your bell peppers, onion, garlic and jalapenos – everything can be roughly chopped here, but make sure your chopping is even so the peppers cook evenly.
- Heat your pan to medium high heat
- Add your garlic and onions to your pan with avocado oil until the garlic gets golden brown (the onions will cook down throughout).
- Add in your Laura’s Lean beef and break it up into smaller pieces to let it brown, season it with taco seasoning, salt and pepper
- Let the ground beef cook until it’s close to your desired temperature (8-10 minutes on medium high heat) and add in all of the pepper close to the end. You don’t want to overcook the peppers – you still want them to have a nice crunch.
- Add in your lime juice and stir to incorporate it.
- Stir once again as the meat and peppers cook together.
- Top with sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with a margarita and enjoy!
- This also goes great with some cool avocado. I also loved it with an egg on top.
- To make your life easier, prep your veggies first so you can add them in at the various steps.
- If you don’t have avocado oil, any neutrally flavored oil will do.
- Category: Keto
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Ground Beef, Taco, one pan meal, cilantro, peppers, jalapenos, avocado