Keto Taco Skillet recipe. Easy and delicious with low net carbs.
I was asked by Carusele to participate in the #LaurasLean campaign, sponsored by Laura’s Lean. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
Lean ground beef is one of my favorites to cook with. It’s lower in fat and cholesterol and can be used in so many dishes. Laura’s Lean Ground Beef is one of the best. We’ll get to taco skillet recipe, but first, let’s talk about the quality of this beef.
Laura’s Lean Beef is a “never ever” offering, meaning their protein is sourced from suppliers that raise their cattle without ever using added hormones or antibiotics and are always vegetarian fed.
All products carrying Laura’s Lean claim must meet strict USDA standards to qualify as lean.
Each 4oz serving of Laura’s Lean must contain less than 10g of fat, 4.5g or less of saturated fat and less than 95mg of cholesterol per 100g serving. Which means is better for you.
Each 4oz serving of Laura’s Lean must contain less than 10g of fat, 4.5g or less of saturated fat and less than 95mg of cholesterol per 100g serving.
Furthermore, Laura’s Lean 96% Ground Beef is certified through the American Heart Association heart check program and meets USDA standards for Extra Lean.
Choosing Laura’s Lean means the balance of taste and nutrition. What more could you ask for?
Cooking with lean beef
Cooking with lean beef doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor, and I’m obsessed with the flavors in this recipe. It makes a great leftover lunch or dinner.
It also goes superb with an egg. I love recipes with that kind of versatility.
I wanted to showcase this beef in a beautiful way and I definitely did that with these ingredients.
Green, red and yellow peppers provide some depth and sweetness, while jalapenos (seeds included!) give the dish a little spice.
A great taco seasoning provides excellent flavor, along with some avocado oil and sharp cheddar cheese. The colors are also unbelievable.
I also love that this is a one-pot meal. So, although there’s a lot of chopping involved, you can put everything together and let it simmer. This taco skillet had my house smelling amazing.
I think it’s also worth mentioning that it’s a low carb recipe too! You can enjoy your taco skillet guilt-free!Print
Taco Skillet Recipe
This one pot meal has incredible flavor and depth. Plus it’s so easy to make!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 9, 1/2 cup servings. 1x
- Category: Keto
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 pounds Laura’s Lean beef
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno – seeds in
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning (Soul Fit Grill is my go-to)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar or mexican cheese for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Juice of 1 small lime.
- Chop/prep your bell peppers, onion, garlic and jalapenos – everything can be roughly chopped here, but make sure your chopping is even so the peppers cook evenly.
- Heat your pan to medium high heat
- Add your garlic and onions to your pan with avocado oil until the garlic gets golden brown (the onions will cook down throughout).
- Add in your Laura’s Lean beef and break it up into smaller pieces to let it brown, season it with taco seasoning, salt and pepper
- Let the ground beef cook until it’s close to your desired temperature (8-10 minutes on medium high heat) and add in all of the pepper close to the end. You don’t want to overcook the peppers – you still want them to have a nice crunch.
- Add in your lime juice and stir to incorporate it.
- Stir once again as the meat and peppers cook together.
- Top with sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with a margarita and enjoy!
- This also goes great with some cool avocado. I also loved it with an egg on top.
- To make your life easier, prep your veggies first so you can add them in at the various steps.
- If you don’t have avocado oil, any neutrally flavored oil will do.
Keywords: Ground Beef, Taco, one pan meal, cilantro, peppers, jalapenos, avocado