The best basic chaffle recipe. I love using mine for sandwhiches and anything else I need bread for.
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 teapoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix together your eggs, spices, almond flour and baking powder. You want to be sure you mix them until they’re well incorporated.
- Thoroughly mix in your cheese of choice. For this chaffle I use mild mozzarella. Make sure that all of your cheese is coated evenly with the mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto your waffle iron and make sure to spread it evenly.
- Wait for the chaffle to cook in the waffle maker. It will become golden brown, and depending on your waffle iron it’ll take 5-10 minutes.
- Let the chaffle sit for 2-3 minutes until it becomes crunchy.
- Assemble your meal and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 1 belgian chaffle, so it’s BIG. Typically this translates to 4 chaffles in the mini Dash waffle maker.
- If you shred your own cheese, you can avoid extra carbs that come from fillers like potato starch. I didn’t shred my own cheese, but rather used pre-packaged shredded cheese, which is why you may see a higher carb count here.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Chaffles
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1/2 belgian chaffle
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
- Cholesterol: 133 mg
Keywords: Chaffle recipe, keto chaffle, basic chaffle, basic chaffle recipe