- Boil your eggs with salt on high heat for 8 minutes, and dump them into an ice bath to chill.
- Remove the shells from your eggs, and place them into a bowl. Mash them until you have pieces of egg. I left mine a bit hearty.
- Then add mayo, dijon mustard, pickle juice, cracked black pepper, and salt.
- Sprinkle your green onion and french fried onions over the top.
- Mix everything together, making sure your seasonings and dressings are properly incorporated.
- Let your egg salad chill in the refrigerator for one hour to let the flavors meld together (and it tastes best cold).
- Split into two servings, and you can either eat it alone or with the bread of your choice. I love sprouted-grain bread.
- The Dijon Mustard and pickle juice really help with the salty flavor. This helps reduce salt in the recipe, but you may add more to your taste if you feel it’s necessary.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- Serving Size: 1/2 portion
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 329.6 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.1 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 188.9 mg
Keywords: egg salad, egg recipes, egg.