A flavorful vegan chickpea dish with lots of hearty and warm flavors.
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3–4 cloves of garlic smashed and diced
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2–3 teaspoons of red curry paste
- 29 ounces of drained chickpeas
- 1, 13 ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- Cilantro and fresh white onion for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your pan to medium heat with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil added.
- Add your diced onion and garlic to the pan, cooking until they are fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add your garam masala, turmeric, granulated garlic and red curry paste to the pan with the veggies. Stir to incorporate the spices and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and stir, coating the chickpeas in the spice mixture.
- When chickpeas start to brown just slightly, add in your can of coconut milk and stir, making sure to stir out any clumps from the coconut milk into the sauce.
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to serve this alongside veggies if you want to keep the carb count lower
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: .9g
- Sodium: 517mg
- Fat: 25.3
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Indian Curry, vegetarian curry, chickpea curry, vegan curry recipe