Pepperoni Pizza Chaffle
I love a good slice of pizza but without all of the carbs! This Pepperoni Pizza Chaffle is a great alternative and tastes just like your favorite slice.
There are lots of questions about the best way to make a chaffle. Here’s some guidance in my chaffle guide!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 Chaffles 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
For the chaffle
- 1/2 cup of mozarella
- 1 grade A large egg
- 1 tablespoon of Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 pepperonis
For the sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 drizzle of olive oil (to thin out the paste a little).
- 1 pinch of oregano.
- In a bowl, mix together, egg, almond flour, garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes and baking powder.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and coat it evenly with the mixture.
- Spray your waffle maker with oil (if needed) and let it heat up to its highest setting.
- Cook the waffle, checking on it every 5 minutes until it gets crunchy and golden.
- While the chaffle is cooking. mix your tomato paste, olive oil and oregano to make the sauce. If your sauce is too thick, a teaspoon of water will help thin it out.
- Take out the chaffle and add the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle mozarella cheese on top and place your pepperonis on top.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese and heat the pepperonis.
- Take out and enjoy!
- Your nutrition information could vary based on the cheese you use. Calculate your macros based on your own ingredients.
- The waffle maker can overflow, making it a messy process. I suggest putting down a silpat mat for an easy clean up.
- This will make 4 mini chaffles, or two large chaffles. You can also use this in a belguim waffle maker as one extra large chaffle. Macros are for 1 large chaffle.
- Yes, you can substitute coconut flour for almond flour. You may get a slightly different texture and a drier waffle.
- These are best enjoyed straight from the waffle iron, but you can freeze just the chaffle without the toppings.
Keywords: Pizza, Pepperoni pizza, Pepperoni pizza chaffle, chaffle, mozarella