Never made a chaffle before? Click here for an FAQ on chaffles.
Check out all of my chaffle recipes here.
Need a waffle maker? Here are 5 great ones for all kinds of cooking needs!
You guys challenged me to a chaffle a week. And this week’s is a pepperoni pizza chaffle requested by my friend, J!
It’s also still miraculous to me that the cheese flavor is so subdued in these.
The sweet ones are perfectly sweet, but still low in carbs. I also love using sharper cheeses in the savory ones for a nice punch.
This pizza chaffle reminds me of a fathead pizza I made a while back.
If you didn’t know, fathead dough is a dough made from different cheeses. It’s low carb in nature and can be used in anything that dough is usually made for.
This is actually a more no-frills version of that. And it takes much less time which is a bonus.
We all want easy meals, right?
This low carb pepperoni pizza chaffle has all of the classic pizza flavors. Oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes are included in the batter.
The base includes egg, almond flour and baking flour, which actually tastes like a nice dough!
The recipes are always adaptable
As always with all of my chaffle recipes. you can add in any of your favorite flavorings as needed.
The recipe is flexible, and adaptable to your tastes. If you like mushrooms on your pizza normally, add them! Choose toppings that you love!
This chaffle recipe made 2 large chaffles for me. when I split the mixture in half. It will also make 1 Belgian, and 3-4 dash mini chaffles.
Be sure to split up your mixture. It will overflow if you don’t. But you can also put down a silpat mat to easy clean up of any explosions.
I really hope that you guys enjoy this recipe! It’s a simple one and a wonderful replacement for one of those foods that everyone loves.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to pin, and leave a review about your experience making them.Print
I love a good slice of pizza but without all of the carbs! This Pepperoni Pizza Chaffle is a great alternative and tastes just like your favorite slice.
There are lots of questions about the best way to make a chaffle. Here’s some guidance in my chaffle guide!
For the chaffle
- 1/2 cup of mozarella
- 1 grade A large egg
- 1 tablespoon of Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 pepperonis
For the sauce
- In a bowl, mix together, egg, almond flour, garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes and baking powder.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and coat it evenly with the mixture.
- Spray your waffle maker with oil (if needed) and let it heat up to its highest setting.
- Cook the waffle, checking on it every 5 minutes until it gets crunchy and golden.
- While the chaffle is cooking. mix your tomato paste, olive oil and oregano to make the sauce. If your sauce is too thick, a teaspoon of water will help thin it out.
- Take out the chaffle and add the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle mozarella cheese on top and place your pepperonis on top.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese and heat the pepperonis.
- Take out and enjoy!
- Your nutrition information could vary based on the cheese you use. Calculate your macros based on your own ingredients.
- The waffle maker can overflow, making it a messy process. I suggest putting down a silpat mat for an easy clean up.
- This will make 4 mini chaffles, or two large chaffles. You can also use this in a belguim waffle maker as one extra large chaffle. Macros are for 1 large chaffle.
- Yes, you can substitute coconut flour for almond flour. You may get a slightly different texture and a drier waffle.
- These are best enjoyed straight from the waffle iron, but you can freeze just the chaffle without the toppings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
Keywords: Pizza, Pepperoni pizza, Pepperoni pizza chaffle, chaffle, mozarella