There are lots of questions about the best way to make a chaffle. Here’s some guidance in my ultimate chaffle guide!
A lovely breakfast recipe for Keto waffles (or Chaffles as they’re lovingly known) that includes one of my favorite breakfast foods! This recipe is low carb and will surprise you with how much they taste like real waffles.
In a bowl, mix together, egg and vanilla extract.
Lastly, add in the mozzarella cheese and coat it evenly with the mixture.
Spray your waffle maker with oil and let it heat up to its highest setting.
Cook the waffle, checking on it every 5 minutes until it gets crunchy and golden. A tip: Make sure you put in half of your batter. The waffle maker can overflow, making it a messy process. I suggest putting down a silpat mat for an easy clean up.
Take it out carefully, and top it with butter, and your favorite low-carb syrup.
- Need a waffle maker? Here are some options!
- You can also add a sweetener like Swerve if you really want that extra sweetness. I opted not to, and instead used a low carb syrup that I feel is sweet enough.
- This recipe can be frozen, and reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Let it cool for 1 minute, and the crunch comes right back – it’s actually crunchier than fresh, which seems like a miracle to me!
- Be warned if you freeze it, the mozzarella flavor actually gets stronger in my tests. Add a dash of cinnamon and teaspoon of butter on top before you eat it. They’re best enjoyed fresh.
- These can be frozen for up to 7 days in a ziplock bag without air.
- As indiated by users, the recipe makes 4 mini chaffles in the DASH mini waffle maker, or 2 chaffles in a regular sized waffle maker, or one large chaffle in a Belgian waffle maker. Eat what fits in your macros, but the nutrition information listed is for 1 large chaffle, which is the serving size.
- Macros will vary by ingredents. Using full fat, vs skim vs nonfat cheese can increase or decrease your nutrition information. This recipe used low moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese, so be sure to recalculate your macros if you’re tracking closely.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1/2 belgian chaffle
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 460mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 17.6g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
Keywords: waffle, chaffle, low carb waffle, low carb keto waffle, keto chaffle