A huge part of my self-care routine is taking care of my skin. The Oaks Plastic Surgery invited me in to talk about my skin and what I wanted to achieve.
As someone with diabetes, I’m constantly moisturizing, hydrating and looking over my skin to make sure I don’t have any cracks that could potentially lead to infections due to slow healing or bacteria.
It’s of the
What I appreciate about The Oaks Plastic Surgery and why I chose
Some of the things that I found valuable about this practice and the reasons I wanted to do my procedure here were plenty.
- Each plastic surgeon at The Oaks Plastic Surgery is committed to bringing their patients top of the line care with a focus on safety, patient comfort, and meticulous attention to detail.
- The doctors want you to feel comfortable in your skin. During my initial consultation they presented me with lots of options for the areas I was considering, and they also thoroughly explained the pros, cons, outcomes, and risks of each.
- Every question I asked was answered, and even throughout my procedure, I got a step by step explanation of what was happening. That made me feel so comfortable and at ease.
- The doctors are all extremely personable, kind, knowledgeable and trustworthy – all things you want in your plastic surgeon.
- The office is in the Montrose neighborhood – which is an extremely accessible area of town. Having a convenient location makes it much easier to get there during lunch breaks and after work.
So, what is the SkinPen treatment?
SkinPen is the only FDA approved
How much does the SkinPen procedure cost?
-NEED RATE HERE-
Who benefits from the procedure?
All genders, all skin types can benefit from increased collagen in the skin.
Results are very individual but almost anyone can do this procedure. Though there are risks (just like any procedure) do make sure that if you have diabetes, it is controlled so that you have a better time healing, and less risk of infection.
Does the SkinPen Hurt?
The procedure can be uncomfortable or ticklish but mostly feels like a little bit of scratching and pressure around areas of your face.
A topical numbing cream is applied to the skin for 20-30 minutes, and in my case, my forehead was blocked or numbed separately. I did have a bit of tightness and warmth on my face afterward, which is a normal reaction.
The entire procedure took around 1 hour from the time I landed in the office until the time it was over.
There is no downtime, and only a few rules to follow afterward: no makeup, direct sun exposure, or workouts for 24-48 hours.
You may be red, or flakey afterward, but that’s your body repairing the skin. You’re also given some creams to help soothe the skin. In the above
And the results?
You’ll see some results after 1 week, then peak at 4-6 weeks. Best results occur after 3 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
I noticed that my skin started to look a little better after the procedure – less dark spots, more even, smaller pores and there was a nice brightness.
I also noticed that for me, my skin wasn’t getting as oily as normal (which I loved). I lost a little bit of that greasy look I normally get around my nose.
I was really happy with the results from this procedure, and it is definitely something I will follow up on. I liked the idea of having my skin in the hands of plastic surgeons. Their expertise is unmatched.
I felt extremely comfortable with my doctors at The Oaks Plastic S