This content contains affiliate links, which helps hangrywoman.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog.
I have honestly been waiting for the day that I would create a no-churn, keto, chocolate ice cream recipe that was so dreamy it actually fooled people who eat carbs.
Well, today is that day. My keto chocolate ice cream is one of those recipes you’ll bookmark forever. Keto waffles seem to be high up on the list!
Mastering this low carb ice cream recipe
One great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need any fancy equipment. This can be done without an ice cream maker!
This creamy low carb recipe isn’t hard to master. I made it on the first try and nailed it a second and third time. The hardest thing about this recipe is tempering the egg yolks (so that you don’t scramble them).
If you do get a little scramble, not to worry – just strain it out, and you’ll still end up with silky, creamy ice cream.
Once you have that bit down, anything is possible!
I went for pure chocolate in this one, but this ice cream is low carb and only has 3g of carb per cup. The topping possibilities are really endless here, and you could add pretty much anything to this batch. I think that walnuts would be a really nice addition with the chocolate.
Some notes on making this ice cream.
This keto chocolate ice cream recipe is relatively straight forward. You don’t need many ingredients or any fancy tools.
You will need an airtight container to store your ice cream in. Let the ice cream thaw at room temperature for a minute or two uncovered when you take it out. This will help melt away any frost and leave you with the creamy texture. You can scoop it right out of the freezer if you’d like. It’s soft enough.
After you temper the eggs and strain the mixture, let the ice cream mixture come to room temperature before freezing. That helps to ensure that no moisture forms and turns into ice crystals before freezing.
Overall, I think you guys will really enjoy this creamy, low carb ice cream. It was a relief to me that I could make my own at home quickly and easily, and love the results. Don’t forget to pin the recipe to save for later.Print
No-Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups of ice cream 1x
This small-batch keto chocolate ice cream is silky, creamy and can fool even the most discerning palate. I love this recipe because it’s fool-proof and quite delicious.
- 16 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener (granulated)
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, stir together your swerve (erythritol), cream, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla on medium-low heat, until the sweetener has dissolved and is completely incorporated. You do not want this to boil – only for the sweetener to dissolve.
- You should be left with warm cream. Turn off your burner.
- Crack and separate your egg yolks from the egg whites. Set egg whites aside.
- Grab a whisk and temper your eggs by slowly adding the cream with one hand, and whisking vigorously with the other until your egg yolks and cream mixture are fully incorporated.
- Grab a strainer, and strain the mixture. you will notice a small bit of the cooked yolk – not much if the eggs are tempered correctly.
- Pour the strained mixture back into your saucepan and stir on low heat, measuring the temperature until it reaches 160 degrees. If you’re not using pasteurized eggs, this step is very important to be sure you’re not consuming raw or undercooked eggs. The mixture should thicken and be able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour the strained mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for two hours.
- Open, grab a spoon and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 2
Keywords: keto chocolate ice cream, keto ice cream, chocolate ice cream, low carb chocolate ice cream.
Thanks for sharing this amazing aritcle. it’s really good one information. Thanks for giving this article.
How much vanilla? It’s mentioned in the directions, but not in the list of ingredients.
Good catch! Just 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
This looks amazing and so easy to make! A perfect dessert for the summer!
I love no churn ice cream and would love to try Keto version!!
The texture is EVERYTHING!
ooh, this sounds so yummy! Will definitely need to try this one out! Thanks for sharing.
cute & little
This looks super delicious. I’ve never made my own ice cream before!!
Oh my goodness, this sounds and looks delicious! I’ve been on a homemade ice cream kick lately so this is perfect!
I tried this and seriously LOVED it!!! No erythritol aftertaste either!!
This sounds FANTASTIC! I’ve never tried to make keto ice cream before but I definitely will try this recipe! It sounds absolutely delicious!
I have so many friends that are on keto diets. I can’t wait to serve them this.
Oh my, YUM!! I love chocolate ice cream, the fact that this is keto is awesome.
This looks so creamy and delish!