A simple and delicious wedge salad recipe. A few simple ingredients gets you a crunchy and fresh salad.
Here's your easy to follow meal prep guide!
Want to learn to prep meals simply, without devoting endless hours? Here's a step-by-step FREE ebook on how to meal prep.
I wanted to create more salad recipes this year for you guys because craveable salads exist. A Wedge Salad is one of my favorites.
I love this wedge salad recipe because it has a few simple ingredients, and lots of texture, which is always a great thing with a dish.
Fresh lettuce is also so affordable and if you want to feed a larger crowd, this recipe works really well.
I also love this for leftover lunches! It’s nice to assemble everything fresh!
What’s in a wedge salad?
Traditionally, wedge salads are made with a head of lettuce. bacon, blue cheese, chives, chopped tomatoes and ranch dressing.
Lettuce is a really adaptable canvas, so I love that these simple ingredients can easily transform it.
How do you make this salad?
Start by slicing a head of lettuce in half, and then in half again.
Chop your bacon into little bits, as well as your chives, and tomatoes.
Sprinkle salt over your wedge of lettuce first.
Drizzle your dressing over the lettuce wedge.
Layer the flavors on top of the wedge starting with your chives, then tomatoes, then blue cheese, then bacon.
Drizzle with more dressing, and crack fresh black pepper over your wedge salad.
Get the printable recipe below and be sure to pin it!Print
A great, fresh salad for any night of the week. This wedge salad is quick to make, and has lots of great flavors and textures.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 wedge salads 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Slice of bacon, chopped
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons avocado ranch dressing (I used Tessamae’s)
- 1/4 cup chives
- 4oz blue cheese
- Start off by rinsing and properly drying all of your produce.
- Slice head of lettuce in half, and then in half again.
- Chop your bacon into little bits, as well as your chives, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle salt over your wedge of lettuce first.
- Drizzle your dressing over the lettuce wedge.
- Layer the flavors on top of the wedge starting with your chives, then tomatoes, then blue cheese, then bacon.
- Drizzle with more dressing, and crack fresh black pepper over your wedge salad.
- Yes, you need a whole head of lettuce. This recipe makes around 4 servings of salad.
- Don’t dress it all! Anything you don’t use can be stored in airtight bags and made again as leftovers. If you dress it all, your lettuce will be soggy later!
Keywords: Salad, wedge salad, blue cheese, salad wedge