My husband says I have little bit of a gift in the kitchen.
I can usually stare at a few ingredients and spices, and come up with a delicious recipe. It’s also how I’ve learned to cook over time.
We plan meals a lot around here, but when we’re running low on groceries and times get desperate, I get creative.
That’s where this dish came from!
I wanted to create an easy meal that took a few ingredients, and this one hit the mark so well that even I couldn’t believe it.
The marinade is the key to this. Letting your chicken marinate is always going to result in a more flavorful dish.
Taking the time to let this soak makes a major difference.
Literally that’s it. You can top it with tzatziki (it adds a nice creaminess).
I served them over green beans because they lend a nice crunchy texture when blanched, and pair so well with the herbs and spices from the oregano.
A small portion of red potatoes also pairs well with this dish. Just be sure to watch your portions.
Get the recipe below, and make sure to save it for later as a pin.
If you give it a try, let me know if you like it!Print
A 5 ingredient dinner that’s easy to make. Delicious whether you pan roast, or grill them.
For the marinade
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Optional: Tzatziki sauce
For the Chicken:
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt garlic, and chicken to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
For the tzatziki: