This content contains affiliate links, which helps hangrywoman.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog.
There are very few things a great as fresh, homemade whipped cream.
It’s light, fluffy, fresh, creamy and kind of tastes like what I think a cloud would.
Oh, and it’s EASY. Like super easy.
You can make homemade whipped cream in less than 5 minutes with two ingredients.
What tools do I need?
You can make homemade whipped cream with either a hand mixer, a blender, a stand mixer, or a food processor. I prefer my stand mixer for this one because I can really keep an eye on the texture!
How to make homemade whipped cream
The steps are simple. You’ll need chilled heavy cream and the sweetener of your choice. It can be granulated or powdered. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract if you’d like to get fancy with it.
Pour your chilled cream into a bowl.
Turn your mixer on to the highest speed, and whip the cream and sugar until it starts to form a fluffy texture.
Don’t whip beyond that, or you start to make butter and buttermilk. That’s also a fun experiment.
Check the texture to make sure it’s to your liking. I like mine with stiff peaks and more on the firm side. It has to be nice and scoopable!
What can I eat with my homemade whipped cream?
You can pretty much do anything with whipped cream! Make a cream pie, put it on fruit, (hello strawberries and cream, or add it to a sweet chaffle like my pumpkin pie version! I used it in a fun holiday trifle. The sky is the limit here. You can also get yourself a whipped cream canister and charger if you want to have it like it comes from the can.
I usually use a piping bag and tip, or just throw it in a bowl and let people scoop their own.
How long does homemade whipped cream last?
Check the expiration date of your cream, and go with that. I have kept mine refrigerated for up to two weeks in an airtight container with no issues.
Check out the recipe below, and save a pin. I hope you enjoy!Print
Homemade Whipped Cream (Keto, Low Carb)
- Total Time: 6
- Yield: 32 servings 1x
Easy and fresh homemade whipped cream.
- 16 ounces of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour your chilled cream into a bowl.
- Turn your mixer on to the highest speed, and whip the cream and sugar until it starts to form a fluffy texture.
- Don’t whip beyond that, or you start to make butter and buttermilk. That’s also a fun experiment.
- Check the texture to make sure it’s to your liking. I like mine with stiff peaks and more on the firm side. It has to be nice and scoopable!
- Enjoy with your favorite dessert
- This can be kept for up to two weeks in the refridgerator.
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 33.7 mg
Keywords: whipped cream, homemade whipped cream