This content contains affiliate links, which helps hangrywoman.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog.
I am always looking for a good appetizer, whether I want to feed a crowd with light bites, or I’m just looking for something to graze over at a party.
I’m always good at making large-scale meals, but it’s the smaller ones that give me a challenge every single time.
I have always loved the combination of spinach and artichoke, and I kept thinking about how to make it for a crowd for New Year’s Eve. I didn’t want to just serve it with chips, I wanted to make it memorable, and easy to share.
What better way to make it different than to stick it on a little puff pastry for an easy way to tear and share?
I really love this recipe because it’s easy! You can use frozen spinach and washed, canned artichokes to get the same result as fresh ingredients in half the time. It also looks beautiful and colorful with the golden crust, lovely shades of green from the veggies and the pop of white from the feta cheese sprinkled over the top. It’s all of the best parts of spinach and artichoke dip on a flaky puff pastry.
I also love anything with cheese, so combining a creamy, cheesy dish with a buttery puff pastry is a sure-fire way to win your guests over. Parmesan, and cream cheese help this dish feel like a classic, while the feta in the dish adds a nice, salty bite where you least expect it.
Check out the recipe below: what other traditional foods do you think could go on a puff pastry?
More recipes on Hangry WomanPrint
Spinach and Artichoke Tart
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 tart 1x
A twist on spinach and artichoke dip.
- Follow the instructions on your pastry sheet, thaw it out if you need to, or if it’s ready to use at room temperature, start with step 2.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out your puff pastry, and poke holes in it with a fork.
- Brush the Egg + Water with your egg wash.
- Sprinkle on your Parmesan all over the dough, to the edges.
- Add on your Spinach.
- Slice and add your artichoke hearts.
- Sprinkle on your Feta.
- Season everything with Salt and Pepper.
- Pop into the oven for 30 minutes, periodically checking on the doneness of the puff pastry (try not to open the oven too much, and let out the hot air).
- Take out of the oven, and slice it while it’s still hot.
- Cool and Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Made this last night and the flavors combined perfectly. Thank you!
Wow this looks delicious and something I would have never thought to try! Definitely adding it to our list of foods to try, thanks for sharing it!
Artichokes, feta cheese….all my favorites! This looks absolutely amazing!
I love spinach and artichoke dip! And I can’t even explain my love of puff pastry. Going to have to give this a try soon, Superbowl is coming 🙂
Great idea. I always bring spinach and artichoke dip to parties. The puff pastry will be a bog crowd pleaser.