Pan-roasted chicken thighs I keep saying that Bryan and I are going on the Ketogenic Diet.
Every time we look at it, we think “This is what we need” until we get to it, and we both realize that we might be better off if we try to go with something more low-carb and low fat.
Keto is a high-fat diet, and although the benefits of the diet are fast weight loss, the food you enjoy, lower blood sugar and a whole lot more.
I think we may have to go “keto-ish” by taking out carbs, upping our protein and going for lean fats in exchange. It’s one of those things to me that’s like “we’ll see how it goes!”
Anywho! All month, I’ve been experimenting with Keto recipes to figure out what we like, what might be able to adapt, what flavors we love and meals that would be filling and satisfying.
These pan-roasted chicken thighs are easy, and they fit the bill for a filling, low carb meal.
I love garlic, and I’ll put it in almost anything. I also have come to love creamed spinach, so I figured I could put it together with some roasted chicken to see how it turned out.
Well, it turned out pretty damn awesome! Check out the recipe below for garlic parmesan creamed spinach and pan-roasted chicken thighs.
The chicken is perfectly tender and the garlic melds well with the spinach and chicken for a great flavor.
It’s Keto-friendly, super filling and works wonderfully as leftovers.Print
Garlic Parmesan Creamed Spinach and Pan Roasted Chicken
This recipe is a great, one-pan meal, and it’s also keto friendly. Dress it up or down however you’d like by adding different veggies, or even a different protein.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 chicken thighs + 1 cup of spinach 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Roasting
- Cuisine: Keto
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen spinach (or 3 cups fresh spinach)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet until your pan is hot and steaming.
- Rub your chicken with salt and pepper, and place it in the pan skin side down.
- Cook chicken all the way through (internal temp of 165 Degrees, and remove from the pan.
- Turn your pan down to medium-low heat and let cool down a bit.
- Peel and crush your cloves of garlic and throw them in the pan to brown up.
- Add in your spinach, butter, cream and parmesan cheese, and let it all melt together.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are coated with the cheese and cream mixture.
- Add your chicken back in, and let everything meld together on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keep in mind that your cooked spinach is going to shrink down. So if you want to make extras, make sure to double the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + 1/4 cup creamed spinach
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 41g
Keywords: Pan roasted chicken thighs, roasted chicken thighs, keto chicken thighs, garlic chicken thighs, creamed spinach