Sugar-free, low-carb lemonade is one of the most refreshing drinks out there.
I love this recipe because it’s incredibly easy to make, you can make it with cold water (instead of dissolving your sweetener in hot water), and it’s nice and tart with a light sweetness.
Sugar-free lemonade can be a great option for those who are trying to lose weight and stay healthy!
This recipe is low calorie, and low in carbohydrates.
It’s also great for people with diabetes because it doesn’t spike blood sugars like full-sugar lemonade.
Is this lemonade low-carb and keto-friendly?
Yes, this recipe uses keto-friendly ingredients like Truvia – which is a sweetener derived from the Stevia plant – and lemons, which are a keto-approved food.
How many carbs are in one ounce of lemon juice?
One ounce of lemon juice has about two grams of carbs. The fruit also offers 3.7 mg of vitamin C, which is 6.2 percent of the recommended daily value.
Ingredients in sugar-free lemonade
Truvia Sweet Complete
Fresh Squeezed Lemons
How to make sugar free lemonade
Pour 6 cups of cold, filtered water into a pitcher
Add 2 cups of Truvia Sweet Complete to the water and stir until the sweetener has dissolved.
Note: it’s important to use Truvia Sweet Complete for this volume or your lemonade will not turn out as you expect. You cannot substitute another sweetener for this recipe.
Add 2 and a half cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the pitcher.
Note: this recipe uses hand-squeezed lemons and not lemon juice concentrate. It is very different. You can also strain your lemon juice if you’d like to get rid of the additional pulp.
Stir to incorporate water, sugar and lemon juice.
Let sit in the fridge for 4 hours until chilled. Stir again to incorporate lemon juice
If you find that this recipe is too tart for you, you can add in a 1/2 cup of filtered water at a time until it gets to your desired taste level.Print
- 6 cups cold, filtered water
- 2 cups of Truvia Sweet Complete
- 2.5 cups of Fresh Squeezed Lemons (Roughly 12 whole lemons)
- It’s important to use Truvia Sweet Complete for this volume or your lemonade will not turn out as you expect. You cannot substitute another sweetener for this recipe. Swerve will not work, as it has a cooling effect that doesn’t taste good with this recipe.
- This recipe uses hand-squeezed lemons and not lemon juice concentrate. Squeeze the lemons fresh. It’s worth it.
- If you find that this recipe is too tart for you, you can add in a 1/2 cup of filtered water at a time until it gets to your desired taste level.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Category: Drinks/Cocktails
- Cuisine: Sugar-Free
- Diet: Diabetic
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 13
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: .6g
- Fat: .1g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: .2g
- Protein: .2g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: lemonade, low sugar lemonade, sugar-free lemonade, low carb lemonade